Today is my last day of work for the year and I’m looking forward to spending part of my time off next week in the kitchen, making cookies.
After consulting multiple sources and changing my mind many times, here’s what’s on my list this year. I don’t know that I’ll actually get to all of them, but it’s good to be ambitious, right?
1) Black and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies: These are kind of my signature item and the first thing that I baked successfully when I was just learning how. As I mentioned last year, the recipe is handwritten and I have no idea where I got it from.
2) Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Pretzel Cookies (via Sugar Cooking): All my favorite things, all together!
3) Chewy Sugar Cookies (via America’s Test Kitchen): I have a sugar cookie recipe (that I’ve used as the base for these cookies) already, but Chester and I recently saw an episode of ATK that featured these cookies and now I’ve got to try them. The Test Kitchen always gets it right. Plus, Christopher Kimbell told me that they make everyone who interviews for a job at the Test Kitchen has to make sugar cookies. I have to start practicing for my second career.
4) Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze (via Giada deLaurentiis for the Food Network): The lemon cookies I made last year were a hit, but I figured I would give this Italian favorite at try (While trying not to get annoyed by hearing Giada’s voice in my head, pronouncing ricotta in her exaggerated, fake accent that she reserves for Italian words).
5) Cranberry Thumbprints (via Martha Stewart) I love cranberries and always regret not using them more when they are in season.
Have you started your holiday baking yet? What’s on your list?